For many Amazon sellers, the suspension can pose a big risk as it adversely impacts their reputation and it’s a stressful experience too. There can be numerous reasons for account suspension, following are some prominent ones:
- Operating multiple accounts: Here is an excerpt from Amazon’s policy – “Operating and maintaining multiple Seller Central accounts is prohibited. If you have a legitimate business need for a second account, you can apply for an exception to this policy”. In spite of the flexibility provided, most sellers don’t follow it, resulting in ceasing their seller account.
- Sale of Banned Items: Amazon discouraged the sale of some restricted items on their platform that are illegal or not safe for use. It’s too mentioned in their policy guidelines. No matter, how good quality products a seller is providing to its consumers if the product is a part of the list of prohibited items it will eventually get banned.
- Forged complaints: This is another common cause resulting in the suspension of the seller account. While, these complaints are quite baseless done by buyers, not happy with their purchases. But, being ‘customer service’ as their main motto, Amazon takes it more seriously and suspend the seller’s account.
- Copyright Infringement: Though every seller uses their own product images, list genuine product descriptions while listing their product on Amazon but, still it becomes a matter of copyright with the owner who claims it to be of his or her. It’s quite a hard issue to resolve and Amazon requires the dispute to be settled between the seller and rights owner directly.
- Negative Comments: Negative feedback is one of the crucial reasons that may hamper the growth of the business for an Amazon seller. It’s often seen if there is a large volume of feedback on product listings asking for a refund or, the complaint about the quality of the product, resulting in a suspension of the seller account.