Amazon has become the best e-commerce platform for thousands of sellers all around the world because of the ample opportunities on net. At the same time, for many sellers mostly those who do not have lot of idea about e-selling or the policies of Amazon, account suspension or account closing becomes a major risk to their income and reputation. Sometimes, for them, the whole experience can become very stressful.
The seller account can be closed under three categories such as suspended, denied or banned by Amazon. When your account is “suspended”, it means your account is closed first time and you have the opportunity to open it again with a plan of action and start selling. In case of denied account, your appeal is rejected but you still have a chance to submit a revised plan of action.
But when your your account is banned by Amazon it means your appeal has failed more than once, and there is no chance to come back even if you try to open a new account.
The reason for suspension can be anything such as violating Amazon’s policies, selling a restricted product, too many returns etc. the reason of suspension is always there in your suspension letter or notification. You have to create a Plan of Action based on the information and appeal to Amazon for reinstatement of your account.
There are two things you can do for your account suspension or closing. First thing is the prevention and second is the taking right action after suspension.
How to prevent closing of your selling privileges
- Check your Amazon reports on a regular basis. Keep a close eye on your shipping, returns, imperfect order and negative feedback reports, A-Z claims, and messages. Remember that, unhappy customers are equal to the trouble. Amazon too increasingly values customers. Check your shipping, returns and refund policies to help maintain excellent customer satisfaction levels.
- Download the Amazon Seller App (Android, Apple) to help you respond to messages quickly and working on your listings. Be careful in marking new products as “new” and used products as “used” and having no missing parts.
- Check if your listings have any potential flags like if it is labeled as private then you should tell your customer and Amazon why it is so.
- Be careful while preparing your product description. It must carry genuine product features.
- Switching to FBA can help you to prevent e-commerce fraud. FBA sellers should also close and archive old listings.
- Don’t sell counterfeit goods. It not only leads to your account suspension, but also leaves a bad impression in the market.
What to do after getting a Amazon suspension letter?
Once your seller account is suspended by Amazon, you should know that something must be wrong. You should immediately start working on getting your account reinstated without wasting a single moment. Start working step by step as follows:
- Study and analyze your suspension letter to understand what is wrong and where.
- Prepare a plan of action in line with the suspension letter. The plan of action must be professional showing your strength, seriousness, dedication and hard work in making your business success.
- Now prepare an appeal letter to submit to Amazon, along with your plan of action.
- Arrange all the supporting documents to prove your status.