- November 13, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Amazon, Amazon FBA, E-Commerce
Amazon has summarized its selling policies and best practices to eliminate the mistakes done by its sellers in the Seller Central section. Yet, there are certain common errors that are done by the sellers even during setting up of the accounts.
Amazon offers you the place where you have a realistic view of your ongoing orders, items purchased, and the know-how of the product listing. Here, you can manage your inventory, product performance, and define promotional activities. The Seller Account also allows you to manage your listings, orders, and payments, to track your feedback and performance, and to edit the settings and preferences of your online store. Your entire business activities are done on this platform. Therefore, you need to make a solid base for your business so that all these activities can be done swiftly.
To successfully set up your business you need to take care of certain issues because of which your account setup may fail. Here, we are discussing such issues:
- Registration of more than one seller account: Registering more than single seller account is a violation of Amazon’s selling policies. Amazon can easily trace your selling privilege and suspend all of them. Even if you have accounts with different names, it is not allowed. Register for one and you may list different products in different categories. It is better for you also to manage a single selling privilege rather than managing multiple accounts.
- Redirecting Amazon’s customers to your own website: Using URL in your product or seller information to redirect the customers to your own website is not allowed. You may use various other channels like social media, to drive the traffic to your website, but you cannot use Amazon for that purpose. Amazon is a closed ecosystem. It cannot be used for re-targeting and branding opportunities. Amazon’s marketplace is designed to offer you a large customer base. But you cannot redirect them to your own website.
- Copying seller’s setup of other sellers: Never try to copy your competitors or any other online sellers. They may be misusing Amazon’s facilities and may not have an excellent optimized setup. Selling on Amazon is difficult. You should take care of your selling privilege on your own. Follow the policies, review the best practices continuously, and refine your seller account.
- Selecting the wrong type of seller account: While setting up, be sure to explore and find out the appropriate type of seller account that is best for your online store. You may consult with the expert professional to avoid the mistakes. Anything goes wrong during setup will damage your performance later on.
- Misunderstanding Amazon’s working practices: Amazon operates on a basically different structure than any other shopping sites. Before registering, study the entire process and understand each and every point mentioned in Amazon’s policies. Be sure your store is capable of handling selling on Amazon and then start making your own strategies.
It is also very important for every seller to calculate the spending and forecast profit margins before landing on Amazon. It is better if you consult with the professional experts for setting up your account to avoid the mistakes and successfully registering your account.