Suspension of Amazon Seller account is indeed an unfortunate and hurtful experience for a seller. Whatever may be the underlying issues, the seller is eligible for appealing on account suspension.
Here are the steps that need to be followed while you are appealing for Amazon account reinstatement:
Step1 Figure out reason for suspension and acknowledge it
First and foremost you have to identify why your account was suspended? There are basically two parameters which Amazon accounts to suspend your account – performance issues or violation of policy guidelines. Figure it out carefully and proceed accordingly.
Step2 Create a Plan of Action (PoA) and an Appeal letter
For plan of action do follow these steps –
- First, ensure the steps you take to fix the problem mentioned in notice received from Amazon.
- Course of action that you will follow to resolve issues increasing the chances of reinstatement of your account.
Important consideration in regard to letter of appeal
Matter to include:
- A clear explanation in regard to cause of the account suspension. If received multiple warning in context to issue, mention the latest one corresponding to which you are replying.
- Steps you have taken to resolve the issue causing suspension
- Future course of action you will follow to avoid repeating same cause, leading to suspension
Practices need to be followed:
- Be precise and specific. Avoid using excusing language, as it create a negative impression that you didn’t followed guidelines and practices ethically.
- Emphasize on presenting statistics where possible.
- In case of policy violation, make reference to clause specifically that caused the issue and steps you are taking to comply it.
It is important to consider that the letter of appeal doesn’t guarantee that your account will be re-instated. It’s all up to Amazon, how they will evaluate but, all good you can do is some homework and prepare your response wisely.
Step3 Send Plan of Action (PoA) and Appeal letter to Amazon
With your Plan of Action and Appeal Letter drafted well, you are ready to send it for further processing.
How to sent request for reinstatement?
To do this, follow either –
- Check and click “Appeal” button (found in Performance > Performance Notification screen)
- Or you can alternatively email it to following email address email@example.com.
Additional information can be found on “Amazon Seller Central” page under “Appeals for Suspended or Blocked Accounts”.