- September 29, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Reinstatement Amazon Account
It is quite upsetting that a seller account gets suspended by Amazon, immediately after registration. It happens when the information and the supportive documents required for seller registration are not either sufficient or somewhere there is a mismatch. A seller must fulfill the eligibility criteria completely to get registered in Amazon as a seller. Here we are going to discuss why it happens and how you can prevent it to happen.
First of all, to become eligible to sell on Amazon, you need to be a resident in one of the countries listed in Amazon. In case your country is not there in the list of Amazon, you will not be able to sell on Amazon. You need to have a valid phone number and an internationally chargeable credit card as well. You must use a valid credit card, during registration. Debit cards are not be accepted in Amazon for sellers. You need a credit card, for information in Charge Methods, in the event, funds in your account, and it does not cover Customer Claims, Charge-backs, etc.
All documents, submitted, must be identical to all information, entered in your Amazon Seller Account, during registration. Mismatch in any differences in spelling or different numbers, between information entered in your Amazon Seller Account and on the documents you submitted, will result in suspension. Double check all the information like, your full name, address, city, province, state, country, post code, telephone number, email address, information taxation etc.
The documents that you need to submit in support of your information are as follows:
- USA sellers must submit Social Security number
- All international sellers must submit their Tax number
- National ID: Passport, Driver’s license or any other national ID having a photograph and date of birth of the seller.
- Any utility bill such as, Gas, Electric, Water, Telephone (landlines or mobile), Propane, Internet, Cable, Sewage, Trash Collection, etc. The name and address on the bill, must match your registered Amazon address. Do not use a utility bill, with someone else’s name, even if they are your spouse or relative.
The bank statement, used during registration in your Amazon Seller Account, must be from your personal bank account and must match all information. The statement must carry the Bank’s name, your name and address and dated within the past 90 days. You can black out the account number and the monetary values.
It is very important for International Sellers that the documents must meet the following requirements:
- You must submit a scanned color copy of both sides of your national ID cards issued by Government and merge the images into one file. Do not submit a screenshot. Documents must be scanned. Be sure that the national ID is not expired.
- The language of your identity document must be either in Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, or Spanish. If not then provide a copy of your passport or a notarized translation of your documents into one of these languages. Translated documents must show the seal, stamp or notarized statement of the translator.
The sellers new to Amazon must go through all the guidelines for seller registration and policies for sellers that they must follow to avoid getting suspended by Amazon.