Amazon has its own specified selling policies with proper guidelines to help the sellers in selling their products online. Most important of all is listing products where many sellers make serious mistakes knowingly or unknowingly. The format and the content of listing may lead you to success or failure. It is the same for inaccurate information of the products as well. Here are the common mistakes that may happen to anyone.
- The title containing sales and discount coupons: You may find it very much beneficial to include your promotional coupons in the title of your products but that is a straight violation of Amazon’s policy. It may lead to your account suspension too. Your product title should be descriptive of the item itself. It should not contain any discount or lowest price type of promotional tag with it.
- Non-Amazon Categories: The categories of your products must match with the categories under Amazon’s categories. You can select one for you from the Amazon’s inventory file templates for correct product information formatting. You may select the title information from there only. You may not be able to list your products on Amazon if it is not categorized in it.
- Information not allowed by Amazon in the titles: Amazon does not allow certain information to be included in the title, such as HTML codes, all caps letters, symbols like &, *, $ etc. The titles should be of max 100 characters. It may contain the brand name and numerals.
- Including promotional information in Images: Including promotional tags like the sale, free shipping, lowest price challenge etc. in the images is again against Amazon’s policy. Avoid using such text or anything like in your product images. Violation of this policy also will lead you in your account suspension. Therefore, you should not include any promotional tags with images of your products.
- Using images with colored backgrounds: Using images with a white background should be the practice on Amazon. This is one of Amazon’s image policies. To add images to your inventory, you should clearly understand the Amazon’s image adding guidelines. You can add more than one image to describe your products, but with a white background only.
- Using the image with border lines, watermarks, text or any other descriptions: Using the image with watermarks, borders or any other text description is strictly against Amazon’s image policy. While adding images in your listing ensure that you are avoiding the common image issues such as demonstrating one image with multiple product colors if sold separately, using additional drawing or artistic representation and using animated images. Such types of images are strictly prohibited on Amazon.
- Incorrect product description: Be sure that your product description should be in line with the actual product. There should not be anything additional that your product cannot comply with. An incorrect product description may also lead to your seller account suspension.
Therefore, in all the segments of your listing, provide accurate and original information to avoid getting banned or suspended and keep selling smoothly online.